All About the Lennox ML193 Gas Furnace

Posted: 2020-02-25

During the cold months, your furnace works for the greater part of the day, of not 24/7. Therefore, It is essential to have a furnace that runs as efficiently as possible to ensure your home is both warm and your family is safe. However, there will come a time when your furnace will fail and cause you a lot of problems. These issues may include hot and cold spots, higher repair and utility costs, frequent sickness in the family, and even the risk of starting a fire. You don’t want any of that, for sure.

To avoid these risks, you may want to consider replacing your old furnace, particularly with a brand new, high-efficiency unit.

Four Seasons Air Specialists is your trustworthy heating company in Grant MN that provides great home comfort solutions sans the hefty price tag.

In partnership with Lennox Industries, we offer you a wide array of furnace choices that meet your needs and budget.

This article talks about the ML193, a high-efficiency gas furnace form Lennox’s Merit Series of heating systems.

Understanding High-Efficiency Furnaces

Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating is a measure by which a furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel into heat is rated. A furnace with an efficiency rating of 90 percent AFUE is considered a high-efficiency model. Such a furnace creates 90 percent of heat per unit of fuel and the remaining 10 percent goes up the chimney.

Also called a condensing furnace, it uses a second heat exchanger to collect heat from the exhaust gases that would be otherwise be vented out of your home with less efficient systems. Low and mid-efficiency furnaces do not have this feature.

According to the U.S. Department of Energy, more efficient models are required in the U.S. North Region due to the colder climate and greater number of heating degree days.

Features of the Lennox ML193 Gas Furnace

The ML193 offers continuous comfort at a smart price.  But value doesn’t mean compromise. It’s still built to exacting Lennox® standards, with the Lennox commitment to your comfort.

Standard Features

With product registration, the ML193 may be eligible for a 10-year Limited Extended Warranty. Lennox also offers a 5-year Limited Warranty on covered parts and 20-Year Warranty on the Heat Exchanger.

Every component of the ML193 has proven itself through extensive testing in our research labs. So you can take comfort knowing the furnace will deliver reliable performance, season after season.

The ML193 offers continuous comfort at a smart price.  But value doesn’t mean compromise. It’s still built to exacting Lennox® standards, with the Lennox commitment to your comfort.

Energy Efficiency

Compared to older, low-efficiency models, the ML193 has an efficiency rating of 93 percent AFUE that can save you hundreds of dollars in heating costs per year.

When paired with a Lennox® heat pump, the ML193 creates a system that can automatically alternate between electricity and gas fuel to keep you warm. So you’re always using the most energy-efficient way to keep comfortable.

The blower compartment of the ML193 is tightly sealed, permitting less than 1% air leakage. This means more of your air and energy go toward keeping you comfortable.


The ML193 is built from heavy-gauge steel and includes a stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger. This rugged construction means it will provide winter after winter of continual, reliable comfort.

The ML193 has a Duralok Plus heat exchanger that is constructed from patented ArmorTuf steel that captures waste heat, and a stainless steel secondary heat exchanger that allows the unit to achieve industry-leading efficiency levels. This solid component exceeds industry requirements and extends the furnace’s life.

Its SureLight® ignitor is designed with silicon nitride construction for long product life and reliable operation.

Its SureLight® integrated control board ensures full control of furnace operation.

To further lessen heat loss, Lennox designed the ML193 with an elegantly-styled, durable steel cabinet with high-quality paint finish.

Ask the Heating Gurus

For more information on this product and home comfort in general, do not hesitate to call Four Seasons Air Specialists. It is our goal to be your preferred Mahtomedi furnace installation company. We will provide you with relevant information and guide you through the process of selecting the right heating system for your home.