All About the Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump

Posted: 2020-05-19

Heat pumps are a great alternative to furnaces, especially during mild weather. But many homeowners are not aware of the differences between these two heating systems. If you are looking for a piece of equipment that can make you comfortable all year round, you might want to consider installing a heat pump in your home.

Four Seasons Air Specialists is your trusted HVAC company in White Bear Lake that offers an array of energy-efficient heat pumps designed by Lennox Industries, one of the best names in home comfort.

Differentiating Heat Pumps and Furnaces

The main difference between these two systems is how they perform their functions.

A furnace creates heat by burning oil or gas and circulating that heat throughout your home. On the other hand, a heat pump only uses a power source (electricity) and refrigerant to transfer heat from one place to another. Take note, a heat pump does not generate heat; it only moves it. This means that it does not use fossil fuels and consumes less energy to get the job done.

It’s also important to mention that a heat pump can act as a heater during the cool months, or as an air conditioner during the sweltering heat of summer.

How do these two compare when it comes to energy efficiency? Simply put, a heat pump is a class of its own. There is a great amount of production you get out of a heat pump compared to a furnace. The best furnaces these days convert as much as 98 percent of the fuel into heat while the remaining 2 percent escapes elsewhere. But such models are also very expensive.

Contrarily, a heat pump is three times more efficient, using only one unit of electricity to transfer three units of heat energy. That means you will save more by using a heat pump compared to a furnace, particularly during the milder seasons.

Features of the Lennox Elite® Series XP14 Heat Pump

With an efficiency rating of up to 16.00 SEER / 9.50 HSPF, this product can save you hundreds of dollars each year, compared to a standard heat pump.

The XP14 heat pump comes with a 10-Year Limited Warranty on compressor and a 5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components. This heat pump may be eligible for valuable 10-Year Limited Extended Warranty coverage with product registration.

The XP14 is certified by ENERGY STAR®. Such products are the same or better than standard products, only they use less energy. To earn the ENERGY STAR label, furnaces must meet strict energy efficiency criteria set by the US Environmental Protection Agency or the U.S. Department of Energy. Since they use less energy, these products save you money on your electricity bill and help protect the environment by causing fewer harmful emissions from power plants. And you get the features and quality you expect.

Its precision-engineered scroll compressor has a special compressor sound-dampening system that assures smooth, quiet operation.

Its High-Efficiency Outdoor Coil provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation.

The XP14’s precision-balanced direct-drive fan delivers quiet operation with a patent-pending fan design.

Its high-efficiency outdoor coil provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation.

It is designed to work with the Humiditrol whole-home dehumidification system.

The XP14’s sound levels as low as 71 dB are much quieter than a standard heat pump.

When the XP14 is installed with a compatible Elite® furnace, it creates a system that can switch back and forth between electricity and gas automatically, based on whichever is most cost-efficient in your area.

It uses a PermaGuard Cabinet, which is a heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provides long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.

SmartHinge louver design allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. It protects coils from damage and provides a clean appearance.

Its chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll.

Drainage holes prevent damaging moisture from collecting inside the base pan.

Need Help? Call Four Seasons Air Specialists

The XP14 heat pump is available in our store for you to check out. If you need more information about this product, give us a call. We are your friendly Dellwood heating and air conditioning company.